Hello there ! Welcome to this Emergency pre-hospital care blog.
First, let me introduce myself. My name is Rafaëlle and I'm 18 years old.
I've always had an interest in the health, medicine and social field, I also like to have adrenaline rushes especially when it comes to emergency. That’s why I chose the program of Emergency pre-hospital care. Basically, it’s a 3 years program and I’m currently on my second year.
When I got out of High School I wanted to be a daily hero and help people by saving their lives when their heart stops and when there’s blood all over the place but I realized through these 2 years that it’s a lot more than just emergency. You have to take the time to listen and be there for someone in distress, I’m thinking of older people, we are often the only people they see in an entire week.
What I want to do in my career is that people can trust me and feel safe with me from the social point of view but also the emergency point of view.
In 2 years, I hopefully will have my diploma in Emergency pre-hospital care and will be working for Urgences-Santé which is the biggest company in the paramedicine industry in Québec.
In 5 years, I’d like to go to the university to have a Major in advanced Emergency prehospital care. It’s a 2 year program that can allow a paramedic to step in in critical situations by giving them plenty of care and medications they need. It’s kind of an upgrade from the basic program that I’m currently in.
In 10 years, I hope I’ll be able to start my little family, buy a house and have a steady lifestyle. But mostly I want to be proud of myself by helping people in my field of practice.
Well, if you read this 'till the end, you're definitly interested in my field of study. I can assure you that there's a lot more to come. Stay tune for more.
Rafaëlle
How can you correctly pronounce medical terms while interviweing an English-speaking patient ? Click on this link ! : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UwE0CbUvQg
Comments
Post a Comment